- Loretta Garcia
Disney+ Has Arrived And Is Full Of Magic!
The Walt Disney Company, launched their highly anticipated new streaming service "Disney+" today in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands.
"The launch of Disney+ is a historic moment for our company that marks a new era of innovation and creativity,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Disney+ provides an exceptional entertainment experience, showcasing our library of beloved movies, TV series and exclusive original content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.”
"Disney+" will include close to 500 films and 7,500 television episodes from our favorites - Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel and much more, bringing the magic of beloved films and new originals that will have fans young and old glued to their seats.
Disney+ hit the the screens running with premiers of first run original series and films including the live version of "Lady and the Tramp", "The Mandalorian" (first live action epic Star Wars series) and a new original comedy "Noelle" which is the perfect way to enjoy the magic of the holidays and for fans of High School Musical films, we can now enjoy "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series".
As if the above titles are not enough to have Disney+ on 24/7, The Walt Disney Company has also added “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” docu-series from National Geographic; “Marvel’s Hero Project,” celebrating extraordinary kids making a difference in their communities; “Encore!,” executive produced by the multi-talented Kristen Bell; “The Imagineering Story” 6-part documentary from Emmy and Academy Award-nominated director Leslie Iwerks; short-form series “Pixar IRL” and “Disney Family Sundays;” and animated short film collections “SparkShorts” and “Forky Asks A Question” from Pixar Animation Studios. I know one of my favorites will be The Past, Present, and Future of Storytelling whereI can view new and library content of from the world-class creators of The Walt Disney Company – the visionaries representing nearly a century of creativity from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more!
Beginning today, subscribers can enjoy:
● Timeless animated films from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Walt Disney Signature Collection, created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney – including “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and The Tramp,” “Peter Pan,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Cinderella” and more.
● Three of the four highest-grossing films of all time: “Avengers: Endgame,” Avatar,” and “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
● Thirty seasons of the 11-time Emmy Award-winning series “The Simpsons.”
● Hit films from Marvel Studios, including “Avengers: Endgame,” as well as “Captain America: Civil War,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Avengers,” “Iron Man 3,” “Doctor Strange,” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Captain Marvel,” “Iron Man,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” and “Ant-Man.”
● Thousands of episodes from hit Disney Channel and Disney Junior series such as “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody,” “Kim Possible,” “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “PJ Masks,” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” along with more than 100 Disney Channel Original Movies including “Descendants,” “High School Musical,” and “Camp Rock.”
● 18 of Pixar Animation Studios’ groundbreaking fan favorite movies including “Wall-E,” “Up,” “Monsters Inc.,” “Finding Nemo,” “The Incredibles,” “Toy Story,” “Inside Out” and “Brave,” as well as all of Pixar’s beloved theatrical shorts such as the Academy Award-winning “Bao” and “Sanjay’s Super Team.”
● Over 400 hours of content from National Geographic, including the critically-acclaimed and award-winning documentary “Free Solo” and the streaming debut of “Science Fair.”
● All six of the original classic Star Wars films released between 1977-1999, in addition to recent blockbusters “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” By the end of 2020, the entire Skywalker saga will be available on the service.
4K Ultra HD films including the first seven Star Wars movies available for the first time in this format, along with “Hocus Pocus,” “Who Framed Roger Rabbit,” “Toy Story” 1-3, and more.
● Marvel television series from the 1970s to present day including “X-Men,” “Spider-Man,” and “Marvel’s Runaways.”
● 4K Ultra HD films including the first seven Star Wars movies available for the first time in this format, along with “Hocus Pocus,” “Who Framed Roger Rabbit,” “Toy Story” 1-3, and more.
Did you know that beginning November 15, we can enjoy new episodes of each series which will premiere on Fridays at 12:01 AM PT. And parents have the ability to set Kids Profiles that create an easy -to-navigate interface to access age-appropriate content?
Now that you have all the exciting information, it is time to share how to subscribe to all the Disney magic coming our way.
To subscribe visit DisneyPlus.com or purchase from the following partner platforms and devices (dependent on country) via in-app:
● Amazon (Fire TV Devices, Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Fire Tablets)
● Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase)
● Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices)
● LG Smart TVs with webOS
● Microsoft (Xbox One)
● Samsung Smart TVs
● Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (all Android based Sony TVs and PlayStation®4)
● Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
For a full list of supported devices or to get help signing up or downloading to your devices - click here.
U.S. viewers also have the opportunity to purchase a Disney bundle featuring Disney+, Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month, providing access to all of the Disney+ programming plus thousands of live sporting events, sports-themed original series and award-winning sports documentaries from ESPN+; as well as Hulu’s award-winning original content and on-demand streaming library. To learn more about the Disney bundle click here.
The magic of Disney moves into a new era bringing all the fun and excitement, creating priceless new memories with our friends and families and allowing us to relive a bit of our own childhood.
Enjoying Disney+? Why not add to the your fun with a trip to one of the Disney Parks. Amazing Magical Adventures Travel Specialists are available to help you plan the perfect vacation for you and your family. Experience the Magic of Disney - contact us today for your free quote and start packing.
WHERE WILL THE MAGIC TAKE YOU?